Friday 11 May 2007

Logos greyscale

Well after doing a fair bit of work working on my logos I had that tendency which is typical of me to go straight into full blown colours with y designs instead of starting out using black and white. So I thought that because I rushed ahead of my self like I often do that I would have a second look at all of the ideas that I have come up with so far and have a look at them in black and white and in greyscale. I was actually surprised because I thought that with a lot of them the shades of grey might not be strong or bold enough in the form of greyscale. I thought that I would need to go back and do some serious editing to the colour scheme because I needed them to look equally as good in greyscale. It wasn’t as bad as I thought because some of the logos needed changing but most of the ones that I really liked didn’t need any big changes only subtle things.

The logos I used to do this were the some of the ideas involving rings accompanied by text and some of the logos that were inside coloured boxes. The colour schemes didn’t work out too bad in greyscale considering I actually did them in colour first.


One of the logos I had inside a box that had a subtle colour scheme and had the text inside the box with the logo turned out pretty sad in greyscale which I was expecting too happen. The colours all looked very similar too each other and it really didn’t stand out at all really. The text was very hard to read and it looked like it had all the life sucked out of it completely. At a small scale it looked extremely vague.


Well I think that pretty much wraps it up for today’s blog because I’m hanging for something to eat. Below I have an image of my logos in greyscale format.




No comments: