Wednesday 9 May 2007

Experimental logos part 2

I imported some images off the internet to help me come up with some ideas to work with. I used a couple of images of Saturn and vectorized them in illustrator and started experimenting with the shape and colour I came up with some good Saturn like logo images that would suit rather well. One of these was really easy to work with because the original internet picture that I used was really simple and only consisted of a few colours. I came up with the logo of a simple Saturn log accompanied by text. It was good but it didn’t feel like it was quite resolved or finished.

I came up with this idea of the logo with rings on a slanted angle but then I duplicated the logo and reflected it in the opposite direction and overlapped it over the top of the other copy whilst facing the other way and it created multiple rings with a planet in the centre of it all. I then added blue text and I changed the image to the same colour as well. It looked good in the end but I didn’t end up wanting to use this logo in the end because I thought it could be a little confusing for some people and the image also looked to clattered when viewed at a small scale.


Then I went back and came up with more ideas involving rings surrounding a planet and these were quite fresh and different to the ideas I came up with previously. With these new logos that I came up with I decided to make a number of different coloured boxes and placed some of the images I made inside them to see how it would look and to see weather it made the logo designs look stronger or weaker. I then continued to vary the colours of the logos and the boxes accordingly to see if it gave them a bolder impact.


After this I started adding text to go with them. At first I tried putting the text inside the box with the logos but then I realized that because of the colour sequence I was using the text will look to vague when it is looked upon on a much smaller scale. So I then put the text underneath the box just on the outside and I think that made the text work well with the image.


I have a below some logo designs that I have been working with in illustrator. I eventually had to separate some of my designs into separate projects because I was working with far too much at once on the one page.




No comments: