Sunday 13 May 2007

saturn Bussiness cards

Well I decided to start some work on my business card today. I opened an illustrator document in the size of a business card and imported a copy of my logo. I started by resizing my logo duplicated it several times and looked at it at different sizes to see weather or not it was too large or small compared to the size of the business cards size. I then positioned the logo on different parts of the project to see what would work the best.

I then imported the text that I needed for the card. I displayed the text in various kinds of ways to also see what would look more successful. I looked at different fonts and sizes and experimented for a while with those for a while. I wanted to find a font that wasn’t to complicated as a matter of fact I wanted to stick to something that was pretty standard that wouldn’t conflict with my logo.


I then looked at how I needed to come up with some secondary graphics to give my idea a proper identity that could be used as a theme throughout my work. So I started to make shapes in illustrator and I experimented with the path finder to get the necessary clipping on the edges to fit my project space for the card.


I came up with a pattern and colour scheme that I really quite liked and I was really happy with it. I came up with a series of curved shapes that fit inside each other and scaled at different sizes. The shapes were subtle but a kind of obvious that it does resemble the rings of Saturn in the background. I then looked at the different colours that I could use Pantone colours of course. I came up with four business cards all varied from each other colour wise to see which one was more effective. I think I will end up going with the one with the three colours in the secondary graphic which consists of two different types of pantone blue and a Yellow. With the text I used Pantone black and another type of blue.


I also made another copy of my business card and made a greyscale copy to see how the colours will look in comparison to each other and compared to the logo as well.


I’m really happy with my secondary graphic I actually think that my secondary graphic is stronger and more successful than my logo. It’s making my logo look slightly bad, oh well.


Well that’s enough crapping on for now, getting thirsty. I put the image on here of my four varied business card including my final idea and I have put the greyscale copy on here as well.




No comments: